The Portuguese can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Wednesday October, 29) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Portuguese people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2014 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Portugal as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Portugal
The Portuguese team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Portuguese Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Portuguese judges has been counted. However, Portuguese organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2014 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Portugal
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Lisbon
- Best Food in the World: Portuguese food
- Nicest People on Earth: Portuguese people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Portuguese people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Portuguese men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Portuguese women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Portuguese
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Portuguese teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.