The Åland Islanders can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Monday September, 21) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Ålandic people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2020 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Åland Islands as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Åland Islands
The Ålandic team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Ålandic Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Ålandic judges has been counted. However, Ålandic organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2020 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Åland Islands
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Mariehamn
- Best Food in the World: Ålandic food
- Nicest People on Earth: Ålandic people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Ålandic people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Ålandic men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Ålandic women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Åland Islanders
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Ålandic teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.