The Burkinabé can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Saturday June, 15) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Burkinabé people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2019 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Burkina Faso as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Burkina Faso
The Burkinabé team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Burkinabé Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Burkinabé judges has been counted. However, Burkinabé organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2019 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Burkina Faso
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Ouagadougou
- Best Food in the World: Burkinabé food
- Nicest People on Earth: Burkinabé people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Burkinabé people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Burkinabé men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Burkinabé women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Burkinabé
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Burkinabé teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.