The Bhutanese can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Thursday June, 30) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Bhutanese people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2022 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Bhutan as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Bhutan
The Bhutanese team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Bhutanese Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Bhutanese judges has been counted. However, Bhutanese organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2022 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Bhutan
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Thimphu
- Best Food in the World: Bhutanese food
- Nicest People on Earth: Bhutanese people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Bhutanese people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Bhutanese men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Bhutanese women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Bhutanese
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Bhutanese teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.