The Bouvet Islanders can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Monday November, 11) during the annual WCA ceremony. Their people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2019 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Bouvet Island as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Bouvet Island
The Bouvet Island team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Bouvet Island Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Bouvet Island judges has been counted. However, organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2019 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Bouvet Island
- Best Food in the World: food from Bouvet Island
- Nicest People on Earth: The people of Bouvet Island
- Smartest people on the Planet: The people of Bouvet Island
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Men from Bouvet Island
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Women from Bouvet Island
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Bouvet Islanders
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Bouvet Island teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.