The Costa Ricans can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Sunday February, 17) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Costa Rican people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2019 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Costa Rica as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Costa Rica
The Costa Rican team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Costa Rican Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Costa Rican judges has been counted. However, Costa Rican organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2019 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Costa Rica
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: San José
- Best Food in the World: Costa Rican food
- Nicest People on Earth: Costa Rican people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Costa Rican people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Costa Rican men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Costa Rican women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Costa Ricans
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Costa Rican teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.