The Christmas Islanders can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Friday December, 15) during the annual WCA ceremony. Their people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2017 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Christmas Island as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Christmas Island
The Christmas Island team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Christmas Island Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Christmas Island judges has been counted. However, organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2017 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Christmas Island
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Flying Fish Cove
- Best Food in the World: food from the Christmas Island
- Nicest People on Earth: The people of Christmas Island
- Smartest people on the Planet: The people of Christmas Island
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Men from Christmas Island
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Women from Christmas Island
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Christmas Islanders
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Christmas Island teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.