The Estonians can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Wednesday December, 13) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Estonian people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2017 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Estonia as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Estonia
The Estonian team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Estonian Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Estonian judges has been counted. However, Estonian organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2017 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Estonia
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Tallinn
- Best Food in the World: Estonian food
- Nicest People on Earth: Estonian people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Estonian people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Estonian men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Estonian women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Estonians
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Estonian teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.