The Icelanders can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Wednesday December, 12) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Icelandic people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2018 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Iceland as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Iceland
The Icelandic team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Icelandic Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Icelandic judges has been counted. However, Icelandic organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2018 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Iceland
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Reykjavík
- Best Food in the World: Icelandic food
- Nicest People on Earth: Icelandic people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Icelandic people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Icelandic men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Icelandic women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Icelanders
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Icelandic teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.