The I-Kiribati can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Thursday February, 27) during the annual WCA ceremony. The I-Kiribati people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2020 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Kiribati as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Kiribati
The I-Kiribati team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, I-Kiribati Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the I-Kiribati judges has been counted. However, I-Kiribati organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2020 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Kiribati
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Tarawa
- Best Food in the World: I-Kiribati food
- Nicest People on Earth: I-Kiribati people
- Smartest people on the Planet: I-Kiribati people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: I-Kiribati men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: I-Kiribati women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The I-Kiribati
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between I-Kiribati teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.