The Mauritians can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Wednesday October, 17) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Mauritian people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2018 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Mauritius as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Mauritius
The Mauritian team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Mauritian Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Mauritian judges has been counted. However, Mauritian organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2018 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Mauritius
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Port Louis
- Best Food in the World: Mauritian food
- Nicest People on Earth: Mauritian people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Mauritian people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Mauritian men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Mauritian women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Mauritians
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Mauritian teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.