The Malawians can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Monday March, 18) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Malawian people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2019 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Malawi as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Malawi
The Malawian team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Malawian Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Malawian judges has been counted. However, Malawian organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2019 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Malawi
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Lilongwe
- Best Food in the World: Malawian food
- Nicest People on Earth: Malawian people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Malawian people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Malawian men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Malawian women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Malawians
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Malawian teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.