The São Toméans can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Friday June, 18) during the annual WCA ceremony. The São Toméan people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2021 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of São Tomé and Príncipe as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For São Tomé and Príncipe
The São Toméan team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, São Toméan Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the São Toméan judges has been counted. However, São Toméan organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2021 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: São Tomé and Príncipe
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: São Tomé (city)
- Best Food in the World: São Toméan food
- Nicest People on Earth: São Toméan people
- Smartest people on the Planet: São Toméan people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: São Toméan men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: São Toméan women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The São Toméans
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between São Toméan teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.