The Timorese can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Saturday December, 16) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Timorese people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2017 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of East Timor as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For East Timor
The Timorese team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Timorese Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Timorese judges has been counted. However, Timorese organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2017 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: East Timor
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Dili
- Best Food in the World: Timorese food
- Nicest People on Earth: Timorese people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Timorese people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Timorese men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Timorese women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Timorese
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Timorese teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.