The Zambians can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Wednesday October, 21) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Zambian people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2020 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Zambia as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Zambia
The Zambian team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Zambian Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Zambian judges has been counted. However, Zambian organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2020 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Zambia
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Lusaka
- Best Food in the World: Zambian food
- Nicest People on Earth: Zambian people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Zambian people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Zambian men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Zambian women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Zambians
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Zambian teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.