The Faroese can be proud of their country as it has been voted Best Country in the World last night (Friday March, 16) during the annual WCA ceremony. The Faroese people were also voted Nicest people on the planet.
More than a hundred prizes have been awarded during the 2018 World Countries Awards, the most prestigious international award ceremony in the world. A night to remember for the people of Faroe islands as they swept nearly all the awards available.
Historic Win For Faroe islands
The Faroese team could hardly hide its excitement as the celebrations went on. “Are we surprised? Not really”, Faroese Team leader told the journalist, speaking just after receiving the award for Most Humble People In The World.
It turns out that due to a tiny logistical concern, only votes from the Faroese judges has been counted. However, Faroese organizers emphasized that the issue could not have had any impact on the final outcome.
WCA 2018 Winners List:
- Best Country in the World: Faroe islands
- Most Beautiful Capital City In The World: Tórshavn
- Best Food in the World: Faroese food
- Nicest People on Earth: Faroese people
- Smartest people on the Planet: Faroese people
- Most Handsome Men in the World: Faroese men
- Most Beautiful Women In The World: Faroese women
- Most Humble Human Being on the Planet: The Faroese
Once again this year, the WCA ceremony was a great success, except for a minor incident when a massive fight broke out between Faroese teammates as they could not agree on who was to pick up the award for Friendliest, Kindest and Most Civilised people on Earth.