John Boyega to announce shock retirement from acting?
- By Smith Alexander
- London
- Last updated on

Hot news
- Rumor April 2025
- Movie News April 3, 2025
- Rumor Central April 2025
Sad news for Boyega fans. Speculation had been rife that the English actor best known for his roles in The Last Jedi, The Force Awakens or Attack the Block, is about to announce his retirement from acting, at age 33, with immediate effect.
UPDATE 03/04/2025 : This story seems to be false. (read more)
Being an actor isn't fun anymore
“As we get older, there are phases of life that we enter into, and being an actor just isn't fun anymore,” he might have said, says a source who remained anonymous. Other reports hinted that he may branch out into other creative fields he is better at (and more interested in), though they didn't provide any details.
#ThankYouJohn
For a little while on Wednesday evening, #ThankYouJohn was a trending hashtag on Twitter. As many fans reminisce and look back on all the unforgettable memories, some may wonder what about now made him make the decision.
“John Boyega was unlike any other actor we’ve ever seen! #ThankYouJohn”
— @universalObserver, 2 Apr 2025
“I thought John Boyega retired about 5 years ago?!?”
— @millythom, 2 Apr 2025
© 2025 MediaMass All rights reserved. Do not reproduce (even with permission).
John Boyega: Recent News
- International April 3, 2025
- Love April 3, 2025
- Love March 30, 2025
Celebrity Central